Surgery # 4

 This past summer, Jane went in to see her clubfoot doctor just for a follow up. It has been about a year since she last saw them. Since then Jane stopped wearing AFO's (her shoes with braces) She's been walking well on her own and jumping. So we had no concerns. Her doctor said her feet looked great. Then he looked at her hips. He didn't like what he saw. We got back in touch with our Hip doctor; did x-ray and MRI and both confirmed that Jane has double Hip Dysplasia. Her hip is in the socket, but the top bone of the socket isn't growing and curving down like they hoped. We've known she's had this, but we've  praying and hoping the curve would improve over the years, but it hasn't.  We've been praying that no matter what the results would be; that God would help us accept it. To accept the news as from God Himself. I've learned over these years that God is working on my behalf when life feels unpredictable. He's building a relationship of trust with me. He wants us to say, " I trust You Lord in spite of everything that is going on around me." When I trust in God with all my heart even in difficulties, I begin to understand more of the right decisions to take in my life.

So when the doctor recommended surgery, I knew we were going to do it. Was I excited for it? NO! As a parent, I want the best for my daughter. I want her to go through as less pain as possible. Even though I know this is the right path, I can't help but cry. I know she's going to be in pain. I know she doesn't understand whats about to happen. (I've shown her pictures and tired to explain to her whats coming, but for her its like a regular appointment, where she gets to have a sleepover at the hospital.) I hate that I am forced to let go of her; as she goes into the hands of the surgeon. For 6 hours, her life is going to be under a team of doctors. I may put of a brave face, but deep down I feel like im going to crumble. All I can do is look up to God to give me strength. I know that, not only is God going to be by my side, but he will also be in the operating room guiding the minds and hands of each person in there.

1 Peter 5:7 says, " ..casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you." 

Here I am, just days before Janes 4th surgery; casting my anxiety onto God. 


I pray for the anesthesiologist and medical team to have wisdom, compassion and steady minds to do their job well. For God to hold Jane's hand tightly and for His peace to float warmly over her as she falls asleep. I pray for the surgeon to have clear, concise wisdom and reveal the things that they need to see; to perform the surgery. That Gods hands would be upon the surgeon's hands, guiding them every step. I pray that Jane will wake up peacefully from anesthesia once in recovery. (usually she is the crankiest kids for 2 hours; just screaming and crying) I pray for grace and mercy over any pain that may come during this time or afterward. I pray for patience, strength and peace over my mind, heart and body as I wait. It doesn't get easier seeing her go through all these surgeries. So I pray for Gods presence to stay with me and keep my mind focused on what is true and to guard my thoughts from anxiety and fear. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 week Post Surgery

Jane Journey towards walking

The Power of Prayer